Diabetes is a lethargic disease that happens either when there’s not enough production of insulin by the pancreas or when the body cannot effectively make use of the insulin it produces.
Diabetes could be a chronic ailment that has led to a substantial rate of mortality and morbidity. Research has shown the shocking prevalence of the disease over the last few decades.
Let’s take a glance at some symptoms of diabetes.
They include but aren’t limited to,
- Frequent urination,
- Blurred vision,
- Dry mouth,
- Weight loss,
- Frequent and unexplainable infections,
- Weakness and fatigue.
Just to say some.
Research isn’t only being made on the statistics of the disease or how lethal it’s, but also on managing and curing it.
One in every of such ways is that the use of Saffron.
In this article, we will discuss majorly the benefits of Saffron for diabetes, the influence on the disease, and how you can apply it to your advantage.
Saffron is an ancient herb, also known as ‘Kesar’ in many Asian countries, containing some antioxidant compounds, which may help lower the risk of certain conditions associated with oxidative stress.
The dried stigma of Saffron is a traditional spice used commonly in Iran. It originated in Greece, where it is given reverence for its highly medicinal properties.
Saffron is mainly cultivated and harvested with the use of hands. As a result of the labor intensiveness of the plant, Saffron is recognized as one of the world’s most expensive spices.
Adding Saffron to your food doesn’t only give it an orange/yellowish color but also comes with a lot of health benefits you’re probably not aware of.
Here are some facts about Saffron:
- Saffron(Crocus Sativus L.) contains an impressive variety of compounds that serve as oxidants and help protect the cells.
- It dramatically improves your mood and fights symptoms of depression. Saffron contains rich carotenoids and vitamin B, which increase serotonin which help prevent depression.
- It helps to treat insomnia. Saffron contains manganese and is known for its mild sedative elements that relax the mind and cause sleep.
- It contains cancer-fighting elements and aids in weight loss.
- It improves eyesight in adults. It helps to prevent the degeneration of the retina, thereby improving vision.
- May reduce the risk of contracting heart disease.
- May improve memory in Adults. Saffron is rich in crocin which helps to increase concentration and memory.
- Saffron acts as an immunity booster as it provides the body with antioxidants that prevent the entry of fungi, viruses, and bacteria into the body.
- It prevents asthma and other lung diseases.
- It can be used for menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome. Saffron is known for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Having a glass of saffron milk helps to reduce abdominal cramps and heavy bleeding.
- It can be used to prevent early orgasm and infertility.
- It can also serve as an aphrodisiac to increase sex drive.
- In foods, it is used as a food colorant, flavoring agent, and spice.
- In manufacturing, its extracts are used to add fragrance to perfumes and as a dye for cloth.
SAFFRON FOR DIABETES
The goal for anyone with diabetes is to regularly maintain healthy blood sugar levels because high sugar levels left untreated can be detrimental and lead to nerve damage.
For diabetes, Saffron can serve helpfully. If you want to lower your blood sugar, you can effectively use an all-natural medicine is pure Saffron.
Saffron Benefits For Diabetes
- Consumption of Saffron regularly helps to keep diabetes in check and even cures it. The medicine enhances blood glucose ingestion, causing the muscle tissue to be susceptible to insulin.
- Saffron is an excellent source of crocin and safranal that helps to energize antidiabetic responses.
- It is effective in preventing excess glucose accumulation in the blood.
- The antioxidant properties of Saffron help manage hyperglycemia and oxidative stress and help to manage the common symptoms of diabetes. It can also be helpful in cases of diabetes-related encephalopathy.
- The significant levels of manganese present in Saffron can help the body optimize blood sugar levels.
- Saffron hydroalcoholic may control blood sugar by reducing the level of FBS serum in Type 2 Diabetes patients.
These benefits are positively surprising effects, as the properties contained in Saffron helps to normalize your blood sugar significantly always.
A straightforward way to use Saffron is to supplement it with a meal by adding a few strands to a cup of hot water. This method pulls most of the flavor from the Saffron. You can then add both the water and Saffron to a balanced dish.
It can also be mixed with saffron tea or mixed with a few drops of honey in a glass of saffron milk, with an addition of a few red saffron strands to consume daily. Just one glass of warm milk and a pinch of saffron daily can ward off many ailments, including diabetes.
Mixing Saffron in a glass of warm milk has proven to be the best way to consume it.
To prepare saffron milk:
- Take about two(2) or three(3) strands of Saffron.
- Dip into a cup of warm milk for about 5 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of pure raw honey abs drink.
You were consuming these concoctions before sleeping allows you to enjoy a sound sleep which is a crucial health booster.
You can also find Saffron in certain stores as they are now becoming available as supplements. It is, however, essential to read through the instructions before use.
FAQs ON SAFFRON AND DIABETES
IS SAFFRON GOOD FOR DIABETIC PATIENTS?
Yes, Saffron is suitable for patients with diabetes. It is completely safe and recommended that diabetic patients consume safety daily. Saffron is a natural source of dietary antioxidants.
IS Saffron rice GOOD FOR DIABETIC PATIENTS?
Saffron rice, also called yellow rice, is rich in carbohydrates and contains a high GI score, but this doesn’t mean it has to be skipped by patients who have diabetes. It should, however, not be consumed in large amounts, nor should it be finished frequently.
IS SAFFRON RICE GOOD FOR GESTATIONAL DIABETES?
Gestational diabetes is a result of high blood sugar that begins in pregnancy. To manage this type of diabetes, patients should make sure to maintain a healthy diet.
If you’re a diabetic patient, take moderate amounts of whole grains such as cereal, pasta, and rice. Your blood sugar will tend to rise after intake of such foods.
Saffron is highly recommended for diabetics because it does not contain chemical additives. It is pure and natural medicine. Furthermore, it does not have any form of significant side effects detrimental to patients’ health.
One of the best and easiest natural medicines to keep in check such conditions as diabetes is Saffron.